Tuesday, April 14, 2009

He is Risen! Easter Sunday

In the morning the kids opened up their Easter baskets and then during breakfast we told them the story about Jesus and how he was crucified and then resurrected. I want my kids to know that Easter isn't about candy and eggs but about Jesus. It was too adorable because they kept interrupting me trying to finish the story for me... :D

We went to my mom's house to celebrate Easter this year. As we walked up to my mom's house this is the sign that we saw! My little sister Courtnee wrote this sign for us! She is so funny! One day she will laugh over this!



And for dinner.... The classic Caesar Salad, Homemade Dinner rolls


Green bean casserole... and taco lasagna!



And the biggest hit of the meal was the homemade Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo! Great job mom!



We had an Easter Egg Dyeing contest for all the kids...



Here is Katelyn making a Hannah Montana Egg!



Here is a picture of some of the beautiful eggs that the kids colored. (You can see my reflection in the pink egg!)

This egg is taking a long..... long bath...

The kids won prizes for the eggs that they colored and some of the boys picked out water guns! So of course part of our day ended up in a water fight! I had to keep warning the boys that I am the photographer and my camera is not water proof!

Here in this picture you can see the water coming straight at my camera.... Arrrgh... boys!


Jacob took time to show us his first tooth that he lost (Okay I lied... he didn't lose it, he had to have it pulled because he hit his front tooth and it died and the dentist said it needed to be pulled) He was so brave... he didn't cry or get scared when they gave him that shot in his mouth... and he proudly showed off the $2.00 he received under his pillow in exchange for his first tooth!

Clayton took time to dress up like a girl.... Yikes... I wonder about him!


This is where our Easter Bunny lives!


The men (of course) sat around the living room watching golf. I guess the Master's was on... and my husband's eyes were glued to the screen. It was amazing because during the commercials Ron found time to take a 3 minute cat nap!

Kylie in her pretty Easter dress eating dirty garbage off the road.... Such a tomboy!


And here is Madison in her pretty Easter Dress! My favorite photo of her for the day! Look at those baby blues... I wish her hair wasn't blowing around!



Madison getting ready to eat sidewalk chalk... I deleted the pictures of her actually eating the chalk... pretty gross!


And last but not least the traditional egg hunt! We sent the boys packing to the park with a tote full of eggs and they did a fantastic job hiding them in the grass! Look at him "Hiding" the eggs :D

Go Clayton go!
Courtnee was complaining to me that her knee hurt from running...



Here is little Katelyn taking time to smile


Jenny and Kylie!
Here is Josh helping Madison collect eggs.... Ohhh Father / Daughter moment! Those are the best.


This is after the egg hung when I was exhausted trying to chase kids around to get pictures of them... Man kids are fast. I don't know what I was doing... bored I guess but I thought the picture was neat!

All the parents are exhausted... watching kids have fun gets a little tiring....


And again... Clayton dressing up... at least there isn't glitter on those glasses!



BTW: This is "officially" my longest picture blog ever! Wow how exciting... I think this blog took me over an hour to post.... Wow I am sure I could have found much more productive things to do then post a blog... but this was more fun...
To see more photos not on my blog click here.

1 comment:

Jeff and April said...

Hey Stephanie, sorry I never get a chance to blog anymore! I finally got around to reading my comments and saw you were considering soccer for your boys- I think they will love it and you will NOT!! (Maybe I am just saying that because I was at the soccer field for 2 hrs today) We have tried Pal and Boise Capital. I have liked them both. We are now doing BC mainly because their field is nearby which is a HUGE factor since you go there alot. BC is Lake Hazel and Cloverdale, Pal is NE Meridian I think. Anyway- hope that helps.

blogging buddies