Monday, April 27, 2009

TWO LONG WEEKS!

Can you believe that! Two weeks since my last blog. When I reflect on what has kept me from blogging for two weeks... I can't think of a single reason. I don't know why but my days felt shorter and my chores felt longer.... my kids seem to want my attention more but my energy seemed to be less... So that is my excuse!

So in between cooking, cleaning, yard work and homework this is what we have been doing.

MONDAY WAS COLD (IT WAS INSIDE DAY NO MATTER WHAT MY KIDS THOUGHT)
Mommy can we PLEASE go outside....

PLEASE!!!

PRETTY PLEASE BEFORE I THROW A FIT!!!!


TUESDAY- DRESS UP DAY FOR RYAN
Ryan thought that he needed to dress up in last years Halloween costume and ride his bikes outside! It was too cute to see this little lion wheeling down the road!

Hey look I have a tail!

I'm one! (No actually your almost 4)


WEDNESDAY NIGHT- AWANA
This week at Awana Jacob had store night. He had over 200 shares! He came home with a sack of stuff! He was sooo excited. He is so sweet to because some thing he got double of so he could share with his younger brother. He is such a sweet boy.
Here is a picture of all the things he got!

Here is my son wearing some dorky glasses he bought at the Awana store

Here is my other son

and here they are... double trouble!

HOMEWORK.... LOTS OF HOMEWORK
Jacob has had lots of homework this week. He is getting ready to go to 1st grade (Sob) and so they are doing all kind of kindergarten testing. Today (he was SOOO excited) they got to eat in the cafeteria for the first time. Since Kindergarten is a half day they are usually fed before school but today was a special day so Jacob got to eat at school. He even invited me to join him for lunch! I better take advantage of this because I know that it won't last forever...


THURSDAY- PLAYING WITH FRIENDS
Hey lets not forget the classic Madison tantrum.... this time on the concrete... OUCH!

Now she is happily playing with her ducky she got for Easter

Ooooh look another tantrum... this time not on the concrete. SMART GIRL!

Olivia came to play with us today... This is her signature pout face!


FRIDAY YARDWORK...
My old house had lots of Lillie's, tulips and misc. flowers that I just fell in love with. In this home we live in we really only had over-grown flower beds. So we decided to do some yard work this weekend. My husband laid down some fresh sod while Ryan and I planted beautiful spring flowers.

SATURDAY - FAMILY DAY
So Saturday was our family day. It was soooo much fun! There is a new place called Monkey Business in Boise and Saturday was their Grand Opening. It was free to the public... YES FREE!! and they served FREE pizza and FREE cake! The kids ran for hours and hours and hours! They had so much fun! If I had a million dollars... I would build a play area like that in my back yard :D
This slide was ginormous! I was scared to go down this thing! (As you can see my eyes are bulging out of my head!) My two year old niece climbed all the way to the top and got to scared to slide down so I volunteered to take her down... One time was enough for me!

Jacob was a professional at this! He climbed all the way to the top like a monkey in a tree, and then as he repelled down he used his feet to bounce down the wall like a professional!

My sister Melissa and McKynlee joined us.

Yes... he is doing what you think he is doing....

Madison loved this ducky! She did not want to share with anyone!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST GOOD OL SUNDAY BBQ'S
Jenny and the clan came over Sunday night for a BBQ! We made shish kabobs with steak and chicken. We had Albertson's french bread, baked beans with bacon and for dessert strawberry shortcake! That was one of the best days of my life. :D
Aren't these peppers gorgeous!

Mmm..... looking at this picture makes me hungry again... except for the fact that the meat is raw here :D

Baked beans with spicy mustard and smoked bacon... Matt's famous recipe!
So that's our week in a nutshell....

No comments:

blogging buddies