Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Adoption Update

To be honest... this is a really hard thing to update. It took me a couple of days to even post this... but i have had several people ask me how things are going for my friend Beth and Justin and their adoption story. Thanks so much for those who took time to pray for this family.

Right now they need prayer more then ever. I wish with all my heart this was a happier post but unfortunately it is not. The little girl they were planning to adopt was born one week ago today. Unfortunately the birth mother changed her mind about the adoption process. And though I completely understand and respect her decision it is just so hard for me to see a dear friend of mine suffering and having to start this whole process over again. I pray for the birth mother too as this was not her intention to do this to the family. I am sure her decision was not an easy one but it was a decision she had to make for herself and her family.

We all prayed for a happier ending but it wasn't in our hands and I have faith that there is a baby out there for this family. God's work has not been completed yet and he will answer prayers for this family. Beth I have cried for you and I love you, and you are the reason for many things in my life that I have done. I am sorry I haven't called... I guess I don't know what to say. But just know I think of you regularly and pray for you continuously. I won't even pretend to understand what you are going through but if there is ANYTHING I can do please ask.

And if anyone reading this has a moment please visit their site. They are such a deserving family and I know sending her a quick message will bring some peace to her.

http://justinbeth.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

Melissa said...

awww.... I'm so sorry to hear this! I'll be praying for them.

Unknown said...

Oh, this makes me so sad Steph!

Taylor said...

That is so sad. I am really sorry for your friends, they did not deserve that. It is a very tough situation and I hope the best for that baby.

I will pray that they find a new baby soon.

blogging buddies