But now that I am understanding photoshop a little better I just may have to start working more with it!
Has anyone heard of Adjustment Layers? If you have you are probably wondering how I worked so long withouth them... I am asking myself the same thing! It is AMAZING! If you don't know how to use them shoot me a comment I would be happy to let you know! It is the coolest thing on photoshop!
I also learned blending modes and combing layers with a soft light to create an antique look.
I chose a picture of Adda for this one! I just love this photo of her and I loved the blue background and I thought it would be awesome to try and do some cool hand brushing on this picture.
Here is a quick run down on what I did
1) I did an adjustment layer and desaturated photo to -70
2) I did another adjustment layer and selected the colorize box and then did a hue of 36
3) I did some hand brushing teqhniques on the eyes (They are blue now like they used to be when she was a puppy (miss those baby blues!)) and I also did handbrushing around the blue wall and the nose ( I added in some pink).
4) I did a soft light and adjusted the opacity where needed
5) Looked in AWWW of my creation!
Our last task was to use all the teqhniques taught. So there is a texture overlay, a frame and stamp added to this photo.
Imagine the possibilities with Adjustment Layers! Before I would hand edit EVERY STINKING photo... but now with adjustment layers you create something you like, give it a name, save it in a PSD format and BAM! Instant photo editing without the extra work! All you do is insert the photo you want into your presets. I always wondered how people did this stuff.... This is the best day ever!! :D